The Five Horizons Foundation Thanks You!

 The Five Horizons Foundation
Thank you from The Five Horizons Foundation to all of the awesome Pearl Jam fans for helping to raise over $5,000 on this tour at 5H pre parties. As a community, we done some great things already and can't wait to do it again on the next tour.

Facebook

3/11/12

Pearl Jam - Off He Goes

Live at Benaroya Hall.

  

"Off He Goes" was released as a single in 1996 with a previously unreleased B-side titled "Dead Man", which can also be found on the compilation album, Lost Dogs (2003). The song peaked at number 34 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and number 31 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart.
Lyrics:

Know a man...his face seems pulled and tense...
Like he's riding on a motorbike... in the strongest winds
So I approach with tact... suggest that he should relax...
But he's always moving much too fast...

Said he'll see me on the flipside... of this trip he's taken for a ride
He's been takin'... too much on... off he goes
With his perfectly... unkept clothes... there he goes...

He's yet to come back...but I've seen his picture
Doesn't look the same up on the rack...we go way back...

I wonder bout his insides...
Its like his thoughts are too big for his size
He's been taken... where? I don't know... off he goes
With his perfectly... unkept hope... there he goes...

And now I rub my eyes... for he has returned
Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...
For he still smiles... and he's still strong
Nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit... that has grown

And now he's home... and we're laughing...
like we always did... my same old... same old friend

Until a quarter-to-ten... I saw the strain creep in...
He seems distracted and I know just what is gonna happen next

Before his first step... he is off again

1 comment:

  1. Denise Marson4/26/13, 6:14 PM

    Excellent! Perfect! Brilliant! It gives me goosebumps everytime I hear

    ReplyDelete